- As a previous Head of Digital Marketing and a freelancer with over 15 years of experience, I present holistic strategies in the beautiful and diverse spectrum of online marketing, including but not limited to Web Design, SEO, Display Advertising & PPC, CRO, Email Marketing, Data Analysis and Lead Generation services.
- The strategy I tailor for my clients is contingent on their budget, KPIs and business aspirations
EMPLOYMENT WORK EXPERIENCE
Hotcourses Group September 2017 – April 2018 (Head of SEO & Paid)
Hotcourses runs one of the world’s largest network of websites for students looking to study both in the domestic and international markets. I was introduced to the company as their Head of SEO and was further promoted in the first month to take ownership of their Paid channels. This had proven to be very valuable as any data that was audited in the interests of SEO was also further used to tailor the company’s paid search strategy.
My main responsibilities for the Hotcourses Group have included:
- Managing and leading the SEO strategy across the Hotcourses Group network of websites, which reaches over 30 million users every year.
- Restructuring the Hotcourses Abroad PPC campaign which led to reducing CPA by over 42% in the two months
- Making improvements across a series of clients campaigns who have opted for the company’s Insight Led Retargeting & Prospecting.
- Working closely with the Commercial Director in offsite proposals to pitch to prospective clients
- Analytic Reports detailing what type of audiences convert and improvements to user experience based on the scrutiny of data.
- Revamping and making structural changes the Hotcourses Group umbrella website
- Training & Management of small and large teams in the best digital marketing practices
MYJAR Ltd June 2016 – July 2017 (SEO Manager)
Making my debut in the finance industry, I was introduced to MYJAR as an SEO Technical Manager and provided technical advice and guidance to the wider IT team leading to improvements in website build and optimisation. My role within MYJAR evolved to take full ownership of their SEO channel. Key accomplishments include:
- New users to MYJAR.com from search increased by 46.5% over a four month period (21st September 2015-31 Dec 2015 vs equivalent period in 2016)
- Mitigated any risk of a link penalty by carefully regulating our linking profile.
- Rank #3 for ‘payday loans’ was momentarily accomplished in Jan ’17.
- Onsite SEO within Angular.js. This is the framework that was used to deploy the new MYJAR website at the start of Feb’ 17.
- Contributions in other areas including the development of a new website skin, creation of a new investor deck slide and formatting of existing management account data.
i3MEDIA Ltd Aug 2014 – Feb 2016 (Head of Digital Marketing)
I was introduced to i3MEDIA as a digital marketing consultant, and after demonstrating my competence in a wider field of digital marketing, I was promoted to Search Manager. It was during this time that the agency adopted my strategy. It saw over 30 clients see great progress with their digital marketing, with several stagnated and penalised SEO campaigns making full recoveries. A final subsequent promotion to the Head of Digital Marketing was received after the agency found value in my skillet. As a summary, my accomplishments include but are not limited to:
- Exposure to an assortment of industries. This includes:
- Charity Sector: With two Muslim charities seeing phenomenal organic YoY growth during Ramadan (with over a combined £1.4 million in organic donations more since previous year).
- Retail Sector: One particular client saw YoY organic traffic increase by 2,845 visitors to 15,277, a grand 437% increase. They turned over in £114,000 in Feb ‘16, with 60% of revenue from organic traffic.
- Industrial Sector: One case study reveals a campaign that started with no organic presence, and after 6 months, materialised onto page one for keywords including ‘chemical etching’ and ‘acid etching’. In the last quarter, YoY organic traffic increased by 192% (793 visitors during Feb ’16).
- Reducing link building expenditure by £16,200 over a course of twelve months, with a fundamental change in strategy.
- Setup & management of small & large PPC Campaigns, with budgets ranging from £500-£10,000 PCM.
- Setting up bespoke Analytic dashboards for clients around their goals, giving greater insight into their campaign’s performance and enabling the Account Manager to pull reports very easily.
- Training & Managing a team of 5 and acting as a point of contact between Marketing and Dev teams.
- Meeting with clients personally; building rapport, understanding their goals and managing their expectations.
- Custom alerts emailed directly through Analytics, providing updates about a campaign’s performance.
- Utilising my skills in Graphic Design and digital marketing to completely rebrand the Agency’s commercial offering to clients.
- Tailoring proposals for prospective clients and forecasting projections.
Not a single client has opted out based on technical performance during the time my strategy has been deployed.
FREELANCE WORK EXPERIENCE
This refers to any work undertaken through WiWy.com (the business I operate as a sole trader).
The Gadget Nerds – https://thegadgetnerds.com – March 2018 (SEO, Social)
- Following on from the success of We Heart Nails, The Gadget Nerds was born. The site is a personal project, and features comprehensive reviews and price comparison guides for an array of different tech products.
- The Gadget Nerds monetises through Affiliate Marketing, and has garnered an influx of traffic through social channels (Pinterest, Instagram & Tumblr), as well as traffic leaking on sites such as Quora.
- Within 30 days of launch, the site generates just over 100 users per day from social and referral channels.
Just Personalise – https://justpersonalise.com – March 2017 (SEO, CRO)
- Just Personalise specialises in personalised phone and tablet cases and made their debut to the industry towards the fall of 2016.
- Starting with no exposure, their site was optimised through SEO, with emphasis on content marketing and conversion rate optimisation to make the site more desirables for search engines and users alike.
- 12 months later (March 2018), they can now boast about having one of the strongest online presence in this industry, ranking for over 3000 keywords, including #2 for ‘personalised tablet cases’, #2 for personalised phone cases’
- Year on year traffic and revenue has increased by 211% and 253% respectively for organic channels (with a residual impact on direct traffic which increased by 144%).
Best Van & Man Ltd – https://bestvanandman.co.uk – March 2017 (Web Design, SEO, PPC)
- I was approached by Best Van & Man Ltd who were seeking a solution to the SEO penalty issued on their site (ironically they approached me noting the long term success with Clean That Carpet). Undertaking their campaign during March 2016, their penalty was lifted in under 45 days.
- Fast forward to March 2018, their visibility now is the best it’s been for over 5 years, with keywords such as ‘moving flat London’ and ‘flat removals London’ ranking #1 on Google Search
Kemya Enterprise – https://www.kemya.com – February 2017 (Web Design, CRO)
- With a recognised presence in the Middle East, Kemya Enterprises continues to have a leading role in industry sectors, including Hydro Power & Water, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Automotive, Steel and Marine & Offshore.
- Our role was to transform their existing website into a platform that really takes the user experience into account. Since launching their new website in April 2017, conversion rates have improved by a staggering 155%. (comparing May – Dec 2017 vs equivalent period in 2016)
British Institute of Lasers – https://britishlasers.com – Nov 2015 – Present (Web Design, SEO & PPC)
- British Institute of Lasers started from a completely clean canvas. After designing the company website and optimising it through SEO since the fall of November 2015, we can now boast great ranks including #2 for ‘tattoo removal machines’, #1 for ‘ipl machines for sale’ and #4 for ‘laser lipo machine’.
- Moreover, a well thought out PPC campaign (search and shopping) has generated a new line of profit for the company, with CPA’s being reduced by 52% over a 12 month period (2017 vs 2016)
We Heart Nails – https://weheartnails.com – August 2015 – Present (Web Design, SEO, Social)
- Affiliate marketing has always appealed to me as it offers webmasters the opportunity to monetise without the complications of managing your stock inventory. We Heart Nails’ is a personal project that sells manicure tables and pedicure chairs via Amazon affiliates. The site maintains exceptional ranks on Google US and generates additional revenue streams through Pinterest & Tumblr.
Clean That Carpet – http://cleanthatcarpet.co.uk – December 2013 – Present (Web Design, SEO & PPC)
- In a sought after industry, I had created Clean That Carpet and subsequently optimised it through SEO. The site has been ranking on page one for carpet cleaning in London keywords for over four years. All of the leads generated from the site are sold to a local cleaning agency, who have since adopted the brand following its long term success.
Zarax – http://www.zarax.co.uk – May 2013 – Present (Web Design & SEO)
- Competing with the likes of Music Magpie, CEX & Cash Converters, Zarax has continued to generate a minimum of 4,000 unique visitors every month through its organic exposure for the past three and a half years, with over 400 related gadget key phrases on page one.
- All the leads generated through the site are sold to a national gadget company.
- Training & Management of large teams.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others.
- Assigning roles and tasks based on priority and carrying out risk assessment.
- Using Project Management tools to keep track of people and progress.
- Recruiting sub-contractors and making sure the quality standards met.
Customer Relation Management (CRM)
- Provides regular analytical reports detailing audience, engagement, KPIs, customer experience, and future strategies.
- Integrates CRM in social media to build on customer relationships.
- Remains proactive in determining and analysing future web measurement tools and algorithms; changes methodology to account for the evolution of the web.
- Understands importance and execution of CRM in B2B and B2C.
- Extremely competent in WordPress (inc WooCommerce), Joomla & Prestashop.
- Familiar with an array of other CMS’ and able to adapt quickly to new ones.
- Experience in setting up Linux servers with CPanel, installing SSL certificates, setting up CDNs.
- Degree in Illustration and Graphic design which is fundamental to good UX & CRO.
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Preliminary: Keyword Research, Competitor Research
- On-Page: Canonicals, headers, titles, content thresholds, LSI keyword distribution, alt attributes, sitemaps, robots, redirects (through .htaccess or meta redirects), mobile friendliness, CRO, anchor text deviation, …
- Off-Page: Utilises several different strategies for link acquisition purposes, regulates a healthy linking profile by disavowing undesirable links.
PPC (Pay per Click) & Display Advertising
- Setting up retargeting and prospecting campaigns through a range of platforms including Adroll and Google DBM. This include implementing retargeting and conversion pixels through Google Tag Manager or via FTP).
- Creation and managing PMPs across mobile video and rich media
- Creation of HTML5 Ads
- Competent with AdWords’ and Bing Ads.
- Keyword Research and Quality Score Optimisation / CRO.
- Negative Keywords, bid modifiers, device type modifiers, ad-scheduling, rich snippets…
- Diligent in creating search, display and shopping campaigns
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Avidly studies psychology, a field which has always remained synonymous with marketing.
- Maintains 130WPM (amongst the top 150 fastest typists in the world according to TypeRacer.com).
Education / Certificates
- Graphic Design & Illustration, Coventry University – 2008 – 2011
- Google AdWords’ Certified – February, 2016
- Google Analytics Certified – February, 2016